- The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
- The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
- There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
- The Blog is refreshing and creative.
- The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
It Must Be The Vapors began three years ago as a way to communicate with friends who moved to India and has developed into an alternative to the journal I have been keeping for the better part of forty years. The ostensible intent of the blog today is to record my progress in and thoughts about becoming self sustaining off the grid of modern civilization by learning to become more symbiotic with the nature of the planet our culture so abuses. I've often gotten sidetracked by my irritation with political malfeasance, religious zealots' condemnations and the general public blindness to ecological disaster, my tirades about which I suspect are the prime reason Pisces Iscariot tagged me because he loves it when I'm angry.
The following posts are representative of my more satisfying compositions:
The Dynamics of Quality, the evolution of Chance the Gardener
Schism, an exploration of Yin-Yang
Fools for Tools, the evolution of prosthetics brings the devolution of humans
I would like to present the Noblesse Oblige award to the following bloggers with even less adherence to the criteria than was followed in my receiving it:
Unremitting Failure, for gems such as "Life. People say enjoy it. What, are they crazy? Life is holding us hostage! It intends to kill us! Hence those people who say enjoy life have Stockholm Syndrome! They're out there right now, some of them, throwing the frisbee with their captor! Not us. We're keeping our wits about us. We're waiting for life to slip up, to get lazy, to let--even once--its guard down. When it does, we're out of here."
Driftglass, for the most searing indictment of our political system anywhere, Drifty skewers left and right alike when they're acting like shishkabob.
Thanks again, Pisces.
For those recipients who wish to pass this on, here are the rules:
- Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.
- The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
- Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older post to support.
- The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
- Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.