Tuesday, March 25, 2008

HE READS MY FORMLESS THOUGHTS …

…and puts them together with more justified vitriol than I've yet managed. For anyone not yet aware of the big picture that gives our latest thugs in office the balls to be so incompetently obvious and obviously incompetent, check out my favorite political analyst, Driftglass, with his latest post, Plus Change. And do we still question whether these guys are above orchestrating the death of 3,000 on 9/11. They've passed the 1,004,000 mark, ostensibly exacting vengeance for it! And we still let them claim to represent us with, "SO!"



I have herewith decided that my politically motivated posts will be totally derivative of the outstanding political posts gleaned in my masochistic mastication of information from the front lines of the war between the mass media and my Political Animals blogroll to see who can lay it down clearly enough to get sleeping dogs on their hind legs. I have back-researched posts by most of the authors contributing to each of these blogs and have found sufficient integrity in their dealing with the facts for me to retire from the headache of back checking them further when I refer to a recent eloquent, relevant, poignant, important post whose consideration could benefit everyone … maybe.



That said, I must remark that in a survey of both the mainstream and intertube inputs, we are seeing a reenactment of the Pharisees and the Prophet in watching the Jabbalike establishment making massively clumsy, obviously defensive moves against this Jesuslike rabble rousing upstart who has dared to talk about possibilities outside the invisible prison and dared people to change themselves rather than remain addicted to the status quo being pushed by an exploitive system. Obama's biggest flaws, like his foreign policy advisers, his lack of protest during the marginalization of the candidates during the debates, his lack of speaking about the most immanent threat for anyone; the environmental crises — these I am almost willing to grant him in the spirit of playing the game just to get in the door. Anyway, where would one find a foreign policy adviser who hasn't been part of a bully regime? They all have been!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We cannot expect Barack Obama to save us, he is only one man, and can only do what one man can do. We must all do our parts.

Yodood said...

Yeah Michael, that's why I included, "dared people to change themselves rather than remain addicted to the status quo being pushed by an exploitive system." The status quo being the idea of addiction to being taken care of by a leader rather than self inspired.

Unknown said...

The word 'circus' comes to mind. I shall stop thinking about it and try to understand that you choose your president for other reasons than his nice shiny teeth and perfect hair!

Anonymous said...

I thought of an analogy to riding a bus, on which all passengers have a measure of control even though there is a driver whose actions are in some ways more constrained. Maybe a train conductor would be an even better example. Anyhow, the extra complexity is that any of us can take any role we want at any time, while having only a limited degree of control in how to play that role.

I am trying to find ways of expressing this obvious truth so that people will simply understand and awaken to the sharedness of our experience. And then we all save the world in an instant, which is already occurring: This is the eschaton. Seems like an okay plan, I hope.

Yodood said...

Minx, I am assuming you are using the national "you" when speaking of choosing a president. I don't settle for the lesser of two evils to be in control of what I submit to no one much less some lyin' dude smirkin' at me.

Michael,
Eschaton, rapture, apocalypse, peak oil, fried earth, end of the baktun, whatever one wants to call the days drawing to a crisis I prefer to call the rupture, as pent up evolution of the human breaks through the tautology of a civilization whose myth is exceptionality to the body of which it is a part, without losing the value of uniqueness of the individual. Do the terms minahana and mahayana ring a bell?

Anonymous said...

I'm not that familiar with Mahayana Buddhist thinking, if that is what you refer to. Can you explain Minahana? Does Advaita mean anything to you?

Finding words to communicate requires many languages, I guess.

Anonymous said...

As to the uniqueness of the individual, I would profess achintya bhedabheda, simultaneous oneness and difference. If it seems hard for some to grasp, it is our immediate present state of being.

Yodood said...

Minahana is the individual's "little boat" whose navigation one must master before taking an oar in Mahayana, the collective "big boat," serves any benefit. Otherwise, a disfunctional individual only puts a hole in the hull.

You are spot on about needing many languages to express the infinite ways to view the infinite variations on the theme of the tao, each filling in a greater picture.

Anonymous said...

Interesting metaphor, and it communicates the idea of the Great Vehicle that was not clear to me before, and perhaps the bus metaphor (which I actually considered while on a bus) is similar to your word Minahana. Are we on the same wavelength more or less?

Anonymous said...

No, sorry. Minahana is the inner boat. I think I have that. I don't think I've seen that word used before, but I think it's a good one.